Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's hard to hope, when I'm hungry and broke!


As a pastor in the community and streets, I am constantly bombarded with questions surrounding faith, hope and God's blessings. Everyone with an Internet connection knows that our economy is struggling, unemployment is high and people are hopeless. For the Church believers are either digging in on faith or packing up and leaving the mainstream denominations. In short people want to know where is GOD in the midst of our suffering!
Well My answer is as firm now as it has ever been, God is with us! God calls us to stand strong, wait, trust and have hope through the storms of life. The truth about us as Christians is that we are to have hope when the non-believers don't, when times get tough for the world we stand strong on our faith in God! God is present in the storm with a plan and we as the people of God have purpose. Our text for the day speaks to us keeping the hope even when we are hungry and broke.
Psalm 62:5-8 (NRSV)

For God alone my soul waits in silence,
for my hope is from him.

He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

On God rests my deliverance and my honor;
my mighty rock, my refuge is in God.

Trust in him at all times,
O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us.

No comments: