Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

How to Please God for Dummies!


Church Folk, you know the people that carry a bible all the time and never read it, they can tell you what God want's and never live it. Good old fashioned church folk, not Christ centered Christians. These church folk are always asking me how to please God. Therefore today;s reflection answers the question of how to please God in the straight and simple format, like everything from Windows, to Dog training- "How to please God fir Dummies" Pleasing God is simple. There is no magic word, or secret combination, or even special offering on a certain day at a scared place. Micah reminds us to just do the simple things showing our love for God and our love for our neighbors. We do this by living lives of merciful exertion and forgiveness. Holding no grudges, seeking no revenge or vengeance. Being promoters of justice, not judging ourselves but speaking up for the rights of ALL. Finally Micah reminds us to be humble and to toot our own horns or think to highly of ourselves. See how simple that is... Well maybe the prophet can say it better than I, let's look!

Micah 6:6-8 "With what shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before God on high? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?" He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

For me, Micah reminds me to do all things in love, not taking advantage of anyone, and remembering that I make mistakes so give others a break for theirs.

No comments: