Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

HOW DO YOU LOOK?


Paul wrote, "Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ."

-1 Corinthians 11:1 (NRSV)

One of our dear brothers Mr. Hudson joined the CHURCH Victorious, and the funeral was this morning at the church. A few minutes ago one of my youngest members Farrah Jones ran into my office and asked me how did the services go? I said they went well and before I could finish she asked her second question, "How did Mr. Hudson look"? Without hesitation I automatically responded he looked great!, and he did. But after a few seconds the real meaning of Farrah's question sunk in. Wow what a profound question from a 10 year old. On the surface I know that she was asking about his suit and how the body was prepared. But God was speaking to me through Farrah asking me beyond the suit, casket and makeup how did Mr. Hudson really look? How did he live his life, how did people view him? In the short text for reflection today Paul is challenging the church to look great, like Jesus did. To be the mirror image of the greatness of God! one simple question puts our lives and deaths into clear perspective ! How did Mr. Hudson look? He looked GREAT! Now the question is how do you look, and when it's your time to lay in-front of the church how will you look? I pray that we all will look GREAT as CHRIST is GREAT! Amen!

No comments: