Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What's on your mind?


There is a familiar saying that you are what you eat! If this saying is true and for the most part I believe it is then what about our minds? How does our thinking and mental focus limit us? What thoughts run through your head all day? What things do you focus on, read, watch and internalize? In short what's on your mind? Today's text from Isaiah tells us to seek first the kingdom of God, that we should keep our mind on God and the blessings of God. Imagine if we could recondition ourselves to think differently, to put God first, to show love and encourage peace! What's on my mind, contemplating how I'm gonna change my thinking.

Isaiah 55:6-9

6 Seek the LORD while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.
7 Let the wicked forsake their ways
and the unrighteous their thoughts.
Let them turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on them,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. 9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

No comments: