Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

An Abundant Forecast- Blessings Ahead!


I am excited this morning about God and all that God is doing in the Church, in my life and in the community. I am assured by the Holy Spirit that in the mist of today's troubles the forecast for tomorrow looks GREAT. Abundant Blessings Ahead- Abundant means: many, numerous, vast blessings. I look at Mandell the church where I serve and I am excited about us becoming accessible, through adding an elevator. The new sound system, the new Mime ministries, Fitness ministries, our Capitol campaign, all of which fill my spirit and bring me to tears as I stand in awe of God's vision for the church and community. Yes! I can not wait as I try to prepare myself for the mighty move of God. Friends you and I must be prepared as God blesses us. Paul's second letter to the church at Corinth reminds us to be blessings to others. As God blesses us our response must be to sow into God's kingdom. This is a great season because you and I are on the front lines for JESUS! We have the opportunity to give to the world because we have received, we make change happen on behalf of God. Let's get to it. Aren't you excited, I am with you! Let's look to the text:

2 Corinthians 9:6-15 (NRSV)
The point is this: the one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work. As it is written,"He scatters abroad, he gives to the poor; his righteousness endures forever." He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way for your great generosity, which will produce thanksgiving to God through us; for the rendering of this ministry not only supplies the needs of the saints but also overflows with many thanksgivings to God. Through the testing of this ministry you glorify God by your obedience to the confession of the gospel of Christ and by the generosity of your sharing with them and with all others, while they long for you and pray for you because of the surpassing grace of God that he has given you. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

Family the CHURCH is at a point of having to change or reorder itself and we are in the middle of this transition. God has chosen us to correct the Church and to love one another, please go in love and commitment to God, through the Holy Spirit. I have decided to follow Jesus no turning back, no, no turning back!

No comments: