Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Food for thought- God loves you & God's always close -Always


Today's reflection is just some food for thought. Psalm 139 is a popular Psalm because it speaks to everlasting relationship with God. Please know God is always with us, and the GREAT News is that God loves us despite knowing everything about us. How cool is that? I know right God knows what we thing, what we are about to say, even the choices we are contemplating, and still LOVES us wow. How great is our God!
Psalm 139:1-12 (NRSV)


O LORD, you have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from far away.You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, O LORD, you know it completely. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is so high that I cannot attain it. Where can I go from your spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there;
if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.


If I take the wings of the morning and settle at the farthest limits of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me fast. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light around me become night," even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is as bright as the day, for darkness is as light to you.

No comments: