Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The loving parent!


Today's text taken from Hosea speaks to God undying love for us. God paints himself through the prophet as the ultimate loving parent, offering protection & patience. Have you spoken to your parent to day?

Hosea 11:1-11 ( SWJV) Sirchester W. Jackson Version:

When Israel were a children, I loved them,
and out of Egypt I called my children.
The more I called them, the more
they went from me; they kept sacrificing to the false gods of the world,
and offering praise to idols.


Yet it was I who taught my children to walk,
I took them up in my arms;
but they did not know that I healed them.
I led them with an abundance of human kindness,
with bands of love.

I was to them like those
who lift infants to their cheeks.
I bent down to them and fed them.
They shall return to the land of Egypt, the good place that I promised them.
and their enemies shall rule over them.
because they have refused to return to me.

Then violence will rages in their cities,
the grief and pain will consumes their teachers and pastors,
and hustlers shall overtake them because of their schemes.
My people are bent on turning away from me.

To the Most High they will call, father God
but I will not listen then. In that day I will not help at all.

How can I give you up, Children?
How can I hand you over, my family?
How can I make you like the first son?
How can I treat you like you are beloved?
My heart beats with passion within me;
my compassion grows warm and tender.
I will not execute my fierce anger;
I will not again destroy my children;
for I am God and no mere human,
the Holy One in your midst,
and I will not come in vengeance.Come back to me my children and I will return them to their homes, says the LORD.

No comments: