Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Feeling like you can't win? Remember God!


Sometimes it might seem like to much, like the walls are closing in, like the enemies in our live are Winning! (Charlie Sheen -pun). When these times come look at the poetic yet metaphorical story of Jonah! Remember he was even eaten by a big fish- what big fish is in you life ready to eat you?

Jonah 2:1-10 (NRSV)

Then Jonah prayed to the LORD his God from the belly of the fish, saying,


"I called to the LORD out of my distress,
and he answered me;
out of the belly of Sheol
I cried, and you heard my voice.
You cast me into the deep,
into the heart of the seas,
and the flood surrounded me;
all your waves and your billows
passed over me.
Then I said, 'I am driven away from your sight;
how shall I look again upon your holy temple?'
The waters closed in over me;
the deep surrounded me;
weeds were wrapped around my head
at the roots of the mountains.
I went down to the land
whose bars closed upon me forever;
yet you brought up my life from the Pit,
O LORD my God.

As my life was ebbing away,
I remembered the LORD;
and my prayer came to you,
into your holy temple.
Those who worship vain idols
forsake their true loyalty.
But I with the voice of thanksgiving
will sacrifice to you;
what I have vowed I will pay.
Deliverance belongs to the LORD!"Then the LORD spoke to the fish, and it spewed Jonah out upon the dry land.

Let God speak to you always!, Trust in God!

No comments: