Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

looking for hope among the runis--


Lamentations 3:22-26 (NRSV)

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases,
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in him."


There are time in our lives when we find ourselves looking for hope in times of tragedy and ruin. Some times these tragedy's are on global scales other times they only effect your family , friends or neighborhood. Regardless of the level or area effected-- your life is left in devastation and ruins. During times like this where do you find hope? How do you put the pieces back together? I heard someone say today that perhaps there is no way you can heal from such brokenness. I disagree with my whole heart, however and serve a God who does heal, and enables me to pick up the pieces. I live the words of INDIA ARIE, who sings that there is indeed hope. Today's text reminds us to turn to God. Friends the situation might be unbearable today but I challenge you to lean not on your own understanding but trusting in God. Today remind yourself and others that there is hope!

No comments: