Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2013

If it's too heavy for me to carry then I know it was meant for God to lift!

For many of us Saturday is more of a day of rest than Sunday, well it always been for my family. Even when my wife and I were younger Sunday would be filled with Sunday school, Church, choir rehearsals, youth meetings and outings. While Saturday's on the other hand were filled with watching cartoons, sleeping late, eating whatever I wanted and the occasional chore. As I grew up Saturdays have continued to be some what of a respite for me, not to pig-out or watch cartoons but a chance to retreat from my burdens, bills and the challenges of life. Saturday for me has become a hideout in the peaceful structure that is my home. While enjoying my Saturday morning I began to reflect on Jesus and how everyday Christ provides for me a peaceful place to rest in-spite of the chaotic and crazy stuff I'm going through. When I reflect on Jesus I suddenly remember that my burdens and cares are not mine to bear, therefore everyday is Saturday when we have a relationship with Christ. maybe today's devotion can explain it better than me. Let's look: Matthew 11:25-30

The Father Revealed in the Son

25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26 Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.
27 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


I once heard this text preached, and the preacher said "If it's too heavy for me to carry then I know it was meant for God to lift" if you are tired of trying to carry God's burdens then come and drop them at the altar. Three people joined Church that day and even my heart was lifted!

Some things are not for us to lift or remove!
Enjoy your weekend. Love. P.J.

No comments: