Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Have you taken time out to PRAISE God today?

When I woke up this morning before I stepped outside to even let my dog out the Sun came beaming down on my face and greeted me with a warmth directly from God. As I went to the door I was immediately reminded that February is still winter in Chicago as the wind (Chicago HAWK) hit me. Despite the swift change in tempeture I began to praise God saying thank you for the warmth of the Sun and even the chill of the air because God allows us to experience both. Thank you God for the shelter of a home to protect me from the elements, thank you God for a pet to love and take care of thank you God just for being God. How about you? Have you praised God today? Despite your situation and circumstance take some time out just to praise for a moment at minimum, I gurantee it will change your day.

Today's text directs usin  the area of giving GOD praise always:

Psalm 150

New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 150

Praise the Lord.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
    praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
    praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with timbrel and dancing,
    praise him with the strings and pipe,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
    praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.

Spirit of the living God, fall fresh on us today as we seek you, need you and praise you. Help us to bless you Lord at all times during the good and the bad. Let our praise become contagious and ignite a flame in all we encounter at work, at home and in the streets.  Lord hear our prayer. Amen.

No comments: