Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

We See God Everyday...!

Isaiah 6:1-6

New International Version (NIV)

Isaiah’s Commission

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another:
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
    the whole earth is full of his glory.”
At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.
“Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

Early this morning I woke up to phone alarms and car alarms, as I rushed outside to check on our cars the brisk air and rapid morning winds startled me. Glad that everything was safe and sound once I reentered the warmth of our home, I began to thank God. The fact of the matter is that we see God everyday in all of God's glory. As I thought about the brief events of the morning, I saw God in the brisk air and the blessing that our cars were alright. Then I saw God in the misty dew on the flowers and I even saw the hand of God in the heat and safety of my home once I came back inside. Family my point is we must take time to see God in everything that we do always. For God is HOLY, the Lord God Almighty and whole world is filled of God's glory. Let's take it all in!

Dear God you alone are perfect and holy, enable us to see your glory in each and everything. This is our prayer. Amen.

Be Well.

(Above picture is a quote from Pearl Bailey)

No comments: