Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Self Explanatory

John 3:16

New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

A few days ago someone who has been a self-proclaimed Christian and faithful church attendee asked me to explain John 3:16. I responded to them saying that this verse is self explanatory. At first glance they assumed that I was being short and hostile with them. However as I continued, I explained God is love! God loves us enough to give of his own self so we can live forever. Brothers and Sisters what do you love enough that you would even cut off a finger or toe for? God gave us his begotten son so that we can live, proving that God is love.

Therefore the scripture is self explanatory. God because of God's great love calls us to love greatly in return. What does John 3:16 mean? It means that when we love like God we are one with God. Believing in God and being one with God gives us an all access pass to eternal life. So I close with the question does your daily life and the way you carry yourself explain the love you have for God and all creation? In other words is your love self explanatory in the eyes of others?

Dear God increase our love so that when others ask or comment about us the answer is already self explanatory. Amen.

Be Well. Love Pastor Sirchester.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I beleive that it does...on that note just to be sure I think I will ask someone I have the least contact with. People you see and talk to the most tend to be the paople you care most about so surely they will respond yes to the question. Someone you see far more casual may have a different opinion. Either way I say amen (agree) to your prayer that God increase my love.