Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Be Quick to Forgive & Hesitant to Judge!

Growing up I remember learning the song "He's got the whole world in his hands". I would rush home from Sunday school to eagerly share the newly learned verses with my grandparents, shouting "he's got you and me grandma in his hands, he's got the whole world in his hands!

Now as an adult I don't sing that song anymore but the words have never rang more true. Even amidst the chaotic division of the world God still holds the whole world in God's hands.  Scripture reminds us that we must be quick to forgive and hesitant to judge because Christ has forgiven all of us who were born into sin. Brothers and Sisters this day remember it's God who has forgiven you. Therefore let that same forgiving grace be in your heart, on your mind, and coming from your speech.


1 John 2

New International Version (NIV)
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.


Be Well, Love P.J.

No comments: