Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Feeling Frustrated?

Do you ever have times in your lives where it seems that there is always an obstacle to get around, a hurdle to jump over and a boulder to move? 

During times of trials, it can seem that we are taking one step forward and five steps backwards. When I find myself constantly trying to accomplish the same things, I get extremely frustrated. I get frustrated and agitated because things are not moving in the right direction, fast enough or easy enough

Some times it seems like the adversaries of Christ are winning the world over, but Jesus reminds us in today's text that we are not alone. Christ ensures us  in verse 33 that we will have trouble, but also through him we can overcome the world. That is the best (GOOD) news I can hear when I am feeling frustrated and felling like giving up. Therefore the same word I share with you today, don't give up or give in, remember that through Christ you can overcome the world despite the obstacles in-front of you!   

John 16:29-33(NIV)

29 Then Jesus’ disciples said, “Now you are speaking clearly and without figures of speech. 30 Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God.”
31 “Do you now believe?” Jesus replied. 32 “A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Be blessed today, and spread a word of love and peace everywhere that you may go. Go in peace, in Jesus name. Amen.

Love, P.J.

No comments: