Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Future with Hope!

Jeremiah 29:11-13
 (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart

Chicago is in the midst of deciding what elementary and high schools must close due to budgeting and staff cuts 129 so far schools have been placed on a possible list of closures. I have been praying and pondering over where is God in the midst of all of this. Our children are indeed our future we must do right by them. I hear God speaking the words of Jeremiah 29:11-13. Despite what schools close and which ones remain open, our job as responsible citizens and Christians is to provide educational and social support to our youth enabling them to prosper and be successful. The city and government will do what it wants and run it's agenda, however we have a Kingdom agenda. Let's get to work!

Dear God provide us with the ideas, strategy, and personnel to work with our youth and help them be the best that they can be. Use us dear Lord as your servants to make a way providing a future with hope in Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Love P.J.

No comments: