Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Friday, May 18, 2012

What are your plans for the weekend?

What Are Your Plans For The Weekend?

This Friday morning I awoke with a laundry list of things to accomplish this weekend, errands to run and events to attend. By 10.00a.m., my entire weekend has changed the brisk and easygoing plans I had previously scheduled have given way to family ememrgiencs, traffic closures, and unforeseen special events popping up. Who focusing on how God is speaking to me today my heart and mind was led to the book of James. Let's take a look at our scripture for reflection for the day: James 4:13-17
13 Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. 15 What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.” 16 Otherwise you are boasting about your own plans, and all such boasting is evil.    17 Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

In turning to James today God has yet again reminded me that I need not to focus so much on schedules and plans but rather prepare daily to be the best Christian and representative of God that I can be. Daily God is encouraging us to focus more on transforming the world by telling all we encounter about Jesus. I know we all have agendas and things to do, however God is calling us to not let our plans be a hindrance on God 's plan. What are your weekend plans? I pray that they involve you promoting the will, peace and love of Christ Jesus.

Love P.J.

No comments: