Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Faith in the Network?

The first thing that popped up on my television screen once I turned it on this morning  was a Sprint commercial followed by a T- Mobile commercial both promoting there awesomely powerful Networks. Recently I signed another two year contract with Sprint and while in the store I over heard many customers some happy and excited about new service and smart phones, while others were disgruntled and ready to change network providers at the drop of the next call or late text message. I began to chuckle because the conversations throughout the phone store strangely resembled after Church fellowship hall conversations.  Time after time before and after Church meetings I have heard devout Christians make the similar complaints toward God about prayer request that have not been answered, services that are too long, and choirs that sing a tad bit off key, to persons sharing personal testimonies about how service spoke directly yo them and the morning message was exactly what they needed.

My amusement lasted only a moment when it turned to sadness because the truth is that many Christians change Churches, Denominations, & Faiths just as often as we change Cell Phone Networks. Just take a minute and reflect on that, that many people change what they believe about God and how they live out their faith in the world as easy as we sign a Verizon 2yr Contract!

This led me to today's topic FAITH in the NETWORK, what is our faith rooted in? Is it rooted in the true word and network of God? The community of Christians around the world, the bible, the sacraments of the Church or based upon our daily experience and satisfaction level with God's service? Truly our faith should be based in our personal experiences of our Lord and Savior, but also we need to have the understanding that God is not our personal customer service agent and life has it's trials along with great successes.

 I have chosen today's Scripture for reflection from Hebrews 10:32-39 (NIV)
 
32 Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering. 33 Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. 34 You suffered along with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. 35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. 37 For,
“In just a little while,
    he who is coming will come
    and will not delay.”
38 And,
“But my righteous one will live by faith.
    And I take no pleasure
    in the one who shrinks back.”
39 But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.

 True faith in God is trusting that no matter what happens our God is with us and will bring us through the storm as well as the sunny days.  As for me I have complete faith in God's network and I have signed a life long contract that I apply to my daily life. Right now I invite you to do the same, even if you have previously  given your life to God and have not been the best person of faith that you know you can be. Guess what,you are eligible for an upgrade right now. All you have to do is say God here I am, here I stand today I give my life to you all over help me to life always for you. Increase my faith, and let me be encouraged to spend time in prayer, study and conversation with you daily. Won't you join or rejoin the network of faith today!



How about we pray today that no matter what were going through  you and I have the faith to endure, and use that same faith to tell others about the great Grace and mercy that we find daily in God through Jesus Christ. After all we are indeed the representatives of God's network! Love P.J.

No comments: