Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sound Investments


Recently Facebook went public, now it's stock is being traded worldwide. Millions of people have an opportunity to own a piece of the Facebook empire, investors large and small are currently seeking to store up profits based on the social media site that has taken the world by storm over the last fifteen years. As I watched last week all of the excitement about Facebook going public, I could not help but to ask myself the question what will be the next great idea that makes billions of dollars while inspiring millions of people to invest looking for financial gain. I am positive that twenty years ago there were no Twitter and Facebook pages, I am just as sure that in the next twenty years there will be new companies that will change the way we live and communicate, having similar effects on future generations.  Regardless of the next new invention, cure, or technical development that provides an opportunity for "SOUND INVESTMENTS" it all will one day pass.  As we go through life seeking to provide for our families, make ends meet and secure wealth for future generations we must not loose sight of the sound investments that provide the greatest rewards! Today I would like all of us to reflect on our investment portfolio determining for ourselves if we are investing properly and often enough to provide for our eternal security. We should invest without ceasing in Christ the solid rock, everything else is sinking sand and will soon pass away. Let's look: Luke 12:13-21

    13 Then someone called from the crowd, “Teacher, please tell my brother to divide our father’s estate with me.”
   14 Jesus replied, “Friend, who made me a judge over you to decide such things as that?” 15 Then he said, “Beware! Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own.”
   16 Then he told them a story: “A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. 17 He said to himself, ‘What should I do? I don’t have room for all my crops.’ 18 Then he said, ‘I know! I’ll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I’ll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. 19 And I’ll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!”’
   20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’
   21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”

Are you making sound investments in your relationship with God? I pray that you are/ will/ continue to make investments that will provide for your eternal lives. Dear God help us to invest with you and those who love us. Enable us to have both earthly and heavenly storehouses, give us the wisdom to know where to invest and when and why. Remind us always for the gospel of Luke's words in Chapter 12: 13-21, and God even when we invest unwisely please wipe our slate clean and provide us with a fresh beginning. This is our prayer that we invest in you as much and more than we invest in things of the world. Amen!

Why not start your new investment strategy today?
 Have a great day- Love P.J.

No comments: