Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Sunday, August 24, 2008

What would they say?

I must first apologize for not posting yesterday but I was experiencing technical difficulties with th internet, so I'm posting this morning which usually I won't do.

As our week closes I would like us to end our reflection on decisions by thinking about how others vies us and the decisions we make. Not our parents or family but the people who pass us on the street, or freeway, in the stores or classrooms, at the parties or the club. What would they say about you? Would they say you make good and wise decisions? Would they say that you model the way a Christian should live? Would they be surprised to find out you are a Christian, in the workplace or next door at you neighbors home?

Today's text comes from Matthew 16:13-20

13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, ‘Who do people say that the Son of Man is?’ 14And they said, ‘Some say John the Baptist, but others Elijah, and still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.’ 15He said to them, ‘But who do you say that I am?’ 16Simon Peter answered, ‘You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.’ 17And Jesus answered him, ‘Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father in heaven. 18And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. 19I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.’ 20Then he sternly ordered the disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.


Christ asked the twelve who do you say that I am? This question was answered by them twelve because of the decisions and actions they had seen Jesus make and carry out. They have walked and talked, even lived with Christ. This is why Peters confession comes straight from the heart. imagine him saying Jesus I know you and truly you are the Messiah, I know by your decisions, by your life.

What are others saying about you? What would they call you? What would they say? As some of you are leaving for college and venturing off to new places remember how important your decisions are in your life of course, but also those around you who are watching needing to see a Christian's example. There is a world of brokenness, I pray that your decisions and indeed your life will serve as actions of healing and mending living as we represent Christ on earth.

For those of you that are off to school, God's speed and know that I'm praying with and for you.
To all, talk to you on Tuesday, Love Pastor J.

No comments: