Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Where is your follow thru?

When I was in elementary school, I tried out for the basketball team and vividly I remember my success during the tryouts. I ran the laps, made the lay-
ups and completed the suicide drills. Everything was going great until the time came to shoot free throws. I missed free throw after free throw until the coach came over and asked me WHERE IS YOUR FOLLOW THRU? Any basketball player will remind you that the success of your shot depends on the follow thru of your release. My coach reminded me that after I shoot to position my arm so that I follow thru and finish my shot.  Of course with that new knowledge I mad my free throws and then I made the team. In today's text from 1st Chronicles (NRSV) David is reminding Solomon to follow thru, to act and not just plan or meet but to get the work done of building God's Temple. 

1st Chronicles 28:20

 David said further to his son Solomon, “Be strong and of good courage, and act. Do not be afraid or dismayed; for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the house of the Lord is finished.

Awesome God, give us the courage to ACT and follow thru! In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Be Well, Pastor Sirchester

No comments: