Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me.

Songwriter, Curtis Burrell pinned the lyrics to "I Can't Give Up Now" that Gospel artist Mary Mary
have had great success singing,  and this morning the song is heavy on my heart and mind. Read these lyrics:

There will be mountains that I will have to climb
And there will be battles that I will have to fight
But victory or defeat, it's up to me to decide
But how can I expect to win If I never try.

I just can't give up now
I've come too far from where I started
Nobody told me the road would be easy
And I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me.


The above lyrics remind me of Apostle Paul's words to the young Church of Philippi, in Philippians 1:1-6.

Philippians 1

New International Version (NIV)
Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus,
To all God’s holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanksgiving and Prayer

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Paul and Timothy knew that the work of the Church would be extremely hard, at times painful and even unbearable. However through constant prayer for one another and steadfast faith in the promises of God the Church would be victorious. 

In our daily life there will be all sorts of trials and circumstances. Therefore I encourage you to pray for one another and continue to walk in the faith of God's promise "that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..." No one said that the road would be easy, but don't believe that he brought you this far to leave you!

Loving God, today we pray for our fellow brothers and sisters in your Church, increase our faith and our resolve.  Amen.

No comments: