Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Living A Righteous Life

With LENT swiftly approaching in the next three weeks many people are searching their hearts seeking to find what God wants of them. Some have already decided what sweets to give up and what foods to avoid during LENT. While the truth of the matter is all God ask of us is to turn from evil, do good; seek peace and pursue it. Far to often people think too deeply about what God really requires from God's children. As the Lenten season draws near I invite each one of us to focus on how we can live better and righteous lives for God. This Resurrection season I personally am working on my relationship with God through my relationship with my fellow person and the world. This is what God requires of all of God's people to live in Righteous Love with one another. Today's text for thought is taken from  Psalm 34:12-14:

New International Version (NIV)

12 Whoever of you loves life
    and desires to see many good days,
13 keep your tongue from evil
    and your lips from telling lies.
14 Turn from evil and do good;
    seek peace and pursue it.

In closing, I pray that you and I let God do the heavy lifting of writing our life story, and we just follow the script of living accordingly. Amen and Be Well!!!

No comments: