Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Realizing the haters!!!


Yesterday a member of my congregation posed the question what do I mean when I use the phrase HATERS, and is there such a thing or is it made up. Well yes there are such real people that find joy in our suffering, that do intentional evil to us daily- these people are haters and are not in your mind or make believe. Jesus was hated daily by the Pharisees and the Sadducees, daily they tried to tempt, trick, and set Jesus up for their own amusement or to make them seem better and wiser. I contend then that the Pharisees were HATERS. There are haters through out our Scriptural, Theological and Physical life. 1) Any person that practices Racism, Sexism, Ageism, or any ism- because they are insecure with in them selves hate others they don't even know is a HATER. 2) Any person that is jealous, envious or bitter towards you because of what you have because they don't is a HATER. 3) Any person that tries to limit you by holding you down physically, emotionally, mentally, or in your career for because of there own issues or insecurities is a HATER.

Hear me clear these people do this because of there own issues, problems, evil spirited nature or insecurities. It has nothing to do with you and you don't have to own their mess. Just like Jesus did nothing to the Pharisees nor did he own their mess. Furthermore God will continue to provide for you in the presence of these Hating Enemies, indeed they will become your footstool. This is why the words of Psalm 23 ring so pure and clear-That God prepares a place for us in the presence of our enemies- many of us live in the presence of our enemies daily at work or school, or even home and church. In short your enemies hate you, usually for no reason. Therefore they are your haters, but let them hate. For your job is not to get involved in the negativity but daily be the best you that God is calling you to be. Rise above and watch your cup overflow. Find strength in the Psalm below despite what you might be going through today. I hope this answered the question, be well and Amen!

New International Version

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

1 The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

No comments: