Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

I know I've been changed- that's all I know!!!


New International Version (NIV)

The Pharisees Investigate the Healing
13 They brought to the Pharisees the man who had been blind. 14 Now the day on which Jesus had made the mud and opened the man’s eyes was a Sabbath. 15 Therefore the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight. “He put mud on my eyes,” the man replied, “and I washed, and now I see.”

16 Some of the Pharisees said, “This man is not from God, for he does not keep the Sabbath.”

But others asked, “How can a sinner perform such signs?” So they were divided.

17 Then they turned again to the blind man, “What have you to say about him? It was your eyes he opened.”

The man replied, “He is a prophet.”

18 They still did not believe that he had been blind and had received his sight until they sent for the man’s parents. 19 “Is this your son?” they asked. “Is this the one you say was born blind? How is it that now he can see?”

20 “We know he is our son,” the parents answered, “and we know he was born blind. 21 But how he can see now, or who opened his eyes, we don’t know. Ask him. He is of age; he will speak for himself.” 22 His parents said this because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders, who already had decided that anyone who acknowledged that Jesus was the Messiah would be put out of the synagogue. 23 That was why his parents said, “He is of age; ask him.”

24 A second time they summoned the man who had been blind. “Give glory to God by telling the truth,” they said. “We know this man is a sinner.”

25 He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!”

Today's text always reminds me of God's AMAZING GRACE but even more today it reminds me that sometimes we won't be able to explain our blessings, or miracles, God will just show up and show out. Then we will be left with the same words the ex-blind man has "All I know is that I was blind and now I SEE"!- There will be times when we must give God the glory and say All I know is that I have been changed.

Can you remember a time in your life when God changed you, a situation, a mindset, a time when a miracle was worked in your life? Can you? Did you know change was coming before it did? - Could your next miracle be around the corner? Thanks be to God for working on our behalf! Amen!

No comments: