Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

You are not alone!


I travel fairly often, usually I travel alone and have familiarized myself with various airport restaurants where I can dine and wait for my next flight. There was a time not to long ago when I enjoyed everything about traveling from eating in new and exciting places to watching people come and go in the airports, because there was a sense of excitement there.


That was then, after a few years of traveling all by myself, i began to grow lonely and tired. Sitting in those airports and restaurants became burdensome and dull. I was beginning to wear myself out, even though I would be surrounded by people all day I did not have any real relationships, and definitely no help. Friends I believe our life in ministry and in the church can at times prove to be the same way. We start off with energy and vigor, only to run fast alone for a short time, not realizing that if we walk slowly together we will never tire. The good news is that as Christians we are not alone, we have help, we have power, we have authority, we have comfort. Let's look to the scripture of reflection today:


John 14;11-17 "Believe me: I am in my Father and my Father is in me. If you can't believe that, believe what you see—these works. The person who trusts me will not only do what I'm doing but even greater things, because I, on my way to the Father, am giving you the same work to do that I've been doing. You can count on it. From now on, whatever you request along the lines of who I am and what I am doing, I'll do it. That's how the Father will be seen for who he is in the Son. I mean it. Whatever you request in this way, I'll do."If you love me, show it by doing what I've told you. I will talk to the Father, and he'll provide you another Friend so that you will always have someone with you. This Friend is the Spirit of Truth. The godless world can't take him in because it doesn't have eyes to see him, doesn't know what to look for. But you know him already because he has been staying with you, and will even be in you!

Family, trust and know that God is with us through the Holy Spirit, take your time and allow God to give you the strength that we can not gain alone. Rest for God is with you!

Loving God, be with us!
Love P.J.

No comments: