Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sufficent Grace, not what i wanted to hear...


Good morning friends, I pray that God's favor is raining down on you in abundance.
Let's look to today's text from 2nd Corinthians 12:2-10

6
But if I wish to boast, I will not be a fool, for I will be speaking the truth. But I refrain from it, so that no one may think better of me than what is seen in me or heard from me, 7even considering the exceptional character of the revelations. Therefore, to keep me from being too elated, a thorn was given to me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me, to keep me from being too elated. 8Three times I appealed to the Lord about this, that it would leave me, 9but he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.’ So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak, then I am strong.

In the reflection for today we see Paul encouraging the readers that God's grace is sufficient for him despite the issues (thorns) in his life. Therefore I encourage us to reflect today on the same idea of the sufficiency of God's grace. Imagine Paul's situation, better yet use yourself and your situations that you are going through right now. What are the thorns (issues) in your life right now, today? I am almost positive that when you think about these issues you want them to end immediately! You want God to take them away right now! So when Paul tells us that God's grace is sufficient, well that's not what we what to hear, We Want Results!

But friends I encourage you to rethink this and say with me that there are times when these words of Paul are exactly what we need to hear. We need to hear that no matter how much hell breaks loose in our life, and no matter how many thorns we have poking us God is God. Therefore God is sufficient, God's love grace and mercy are enough to see us through, keep us going, and lead us to the places God has prepared for us (via 23rd Psalm).

Today friends, rely on God's grace and guidance instead of looking for god to be our personal genie or wish master. in the words of Marvin Sapp~ Praise God in Advance!

Until next time be well.

No comments: