Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Come to Jesus "Just Now!!!"


There is an old hymn that says "Come to Jesus, Come to Jesus
Come to Jesus just now, Just now come to Jesus, Come to Jesus just now.

He will save you, He will save you, He will save you just now,
Just now He will save you, He will save you just now.

Oh, believe Him, He is able, He is willing
He'll receive you, Flee to Jesus, Call unto Him!

This hymn has been in my heart and on my mind all day and has caused me to focus on Matthew 16:24 for today's reflection. Let's look!

24
Then Jesus told his disciples, ‘If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake will find it. 26For what will it profit them if they gain the whole world but forfeit their life? Or what will they give in return for their life?

Christ has called us to comer to him, picking up our possessions, issues and problems and following Jesus. Christ reminds us not to worry about anything or anyone else and come to him. I invite all of you to remember that Christ is constantly calling us into a deeper and more special relationship. All we must is answer the call just now, remembering that Christ saves, heals, protects, and provides. Telling the world that Jesus does not only do these things for you but for everyone!

"Only a step to Jesus! O why not come and say, Gladly to Thee my Savior, I give myself away!" (Fanny Crosby)

Until next time... Be Well

No comments: