Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Making the request in the right way!

John 14:11-14 (The Message)

11-14 “Believe me: I am in my Father and my Father is in me. If you can’t believe that, believe what you see—these works. The person who trusts me will not only do what I’m doing but even greater things, because I, on my way to the Father, am giving you the same work to do that I’ve been doing. You can count on it. From now on, whatever you request along the lines of who I am and what I am doing, I’ll do it. That’s how the Father will be seen for who he is in the Son. I mean it. Whatever you request in this way, I’ll do.


This morning I am requesting some things from God, things for my life, my wife, our family and our ministry. As I pray and reflected this morning, I was reminded to make the right request and make them in the right way. Many times preachers and teachers twist the scriptures and the words of Jesus found in John 14:14. Where Jesus instructs the believers then and now that anything we ask in his name we will receive. While this is 100% true, we must ask for things that are in accordance to God's will, this is what I call making the right request. Then when we ask for things according to God's will we are invited to ask in Jesus name, this is what i call making the request in the right way. Family trust that God wants to bless each one of us, but take time and focus on what God really want's to give you and then make your request known to the Lord. Remember God is not a genie who grants unlimited wishes, but our awesome creator who wants us to live out our created purpose.

Be Well, Pastor Jackson

No comments: