Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Monday, January 27, 2014

Never Disconnected!

Psalm 139: 13-18 (A Psalm of David for the instructor of music) NIV

13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand
    when I awake, I am still with you.


Today, sitting at home I read these words in the midst of another amazingly cold Chicago winter and record breaking temperatures outside of my front door. The warmth of this Psalm filled my soul, because it reminds me of how each one of God's creations is never disconnected from our maker. Even as I write now there are some who are disconnected from heat, electricity, loved ones, society and more. Even with all of those disconnections there is one thing sure and true, we will never be disconnected from God. The God who knows our inmost being, the God who wonderfully made us, the God who is always with us is the one true God we serve.

I pray that you know in your heart, despite all of the loose ends and severed connections in your life that God want's to remain connected to you. Therefore God is inviting you to stay connected. Prayerfully this warmed your soul and day as it has mine.

Be Well. Love Pastor Sirchester.

No comments: