Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Making Preprations...


1 Corinthians 2:9 (NIV)

9 However, as it is written:“What no eye has seen,
what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”
the things God has prepared for those who love him

Today as I have been reading the news paper and watching CNN it seems as many people around the world have given up hope! The stark contrast is that many other people around the world have decided to take up arms, sit in, demonstrate and make change happen immediately. Both sides have their own point of view but this thanksgiving season as I am making preparations for thanksgiving celebrations, I stumbled upon Paul's 1st letter to the Church in Corinth and verse 9 has reminded me that it's God who makes the preparations for us.


So I situate myself in the middle of the demonstrators and those who have given up hope on fellow humankind understanding that God has a plan for all of us, and it's God's plans that matter, it's God's plan that we should live into! This season what are you making preparations for? Who's making preparations for you? As you and I enjoy this holiday season, let's take time out to be thankful for the people we prepare for, as well as those who prepare for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite blog yet!