Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2009

What are you holding on to?


I counted how many car, beer, and clothes commercials that came on during the basketball game yesterday. Somewhere around 125 I got sidetracked as well as frustrated. I realized how caught up our culture is on material possessions. We equate our own personal value to all that we own or possess.

In today's short text we are reminded of where our focus should be. Let's look to the text from Ecclesiastes 5:15.

Naked a man comes from his mother's womb, and as he comes, so he departs. He takes nothing from his labor that he can carry in his hand.

This text reminds us that we come into this world with nothing and we leave with nothing, all we have is our faith and all we are known for is what we have done and accomplished while we were here. So in other words where is your focus as you go through life daily? What are you seeking and what are you going after? What are you so hell bent on holding on to?

Brothers and Sisters, today I challenge you to redirect your thoughts and actions around the one paradigm that we all will leave this world as we came in! Therefore we must be intentional about what we are living for, so that our living is not in vain!


Until next time... Be Well, Pastor J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God Is...
Our gift to earth.
Your words just leads me in the RIGHT direct and make me thinks... What If? I believe, Our god has sent the right person to lead me on.
-Jazz