Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Thursday, February 19, 2009

You don't know the half !


With all that's going on in our country, indeed in our lives, in our homes and on our jobs it can seem like all hell is breaking loose. If this is where you are today, if you are going through it, then I offer you our scripture for reflection from Paul's letter to the church at Corinth.

1st Corinthians 2:9-10 9
But, as it is written, ‘What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him’— 10these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God.

Paul writes these words of encouragement to the church at Corinth who are in competition with one another over various gifts and there importance as well as suffering persecution.

Have you ever been in the midst of turmoil with those you consider to be close to you and at the same time you're under attack from your enemies? When your world seems to be falling apart, the walls caving in, and you are at the end of your rope, turn to these words for encouragement.

No one can even imagine or know what great gifts and rewards God has prepared for you and those who love the Lord, because God loves us. Regardless of how heavy your heart is or, how stressed out you are, know that God loves you and has prepared rest, peace and so much more. Friend you and I don't even know the half!

Keep the faith, stay strong under pressure, endure, and remember to keep your heart filled with praise. Sing with me, "I love you, I love you, I love you Lord today! Because you cared for me in such a special way. Yes I'll praise you, I lift you up and magnify your name because my heart is filled with praise!

Be Faithful, Be Encouraged, Be Well
Pastor J

No comments: