Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Celebrate today!


As I sit here with tears in my eyes, filled with great emotion. I reflect on all that has happened, is happening and will happen. I ask myself the question, why am I crying? Well after pondering that question, I believe I am overly emotional for three reasons. 1) An African American is actually the Presidential elect of America. (thank God YES!!!) 2) The blood shed, the struggle , the pain of years and the blemishes of racism on the American flag have been lightened, and the people have spoken. 3) As a pastor and as a Christian I now am forced with holding President Obama accountable and responsible for living up to his promises, fairness, and truth. He now is leader, president, king of a nation, but we, us, you and I are the prophets who are responsible to remind the king that his kingdom in on loan by God. This is a struggle that has been on going since biblical times.

We also must remind ourselves as Christians our bodies are also temples on loan from God and we must treat ourselves and others accordingly. This is what our scripture focuses on today from 1st Corinthians.

1Corinthians 6

12 ‘All things are lawful for me’, but not all things are beneficial. ‘All things are lawful for me’, but I will not be dominated by anything. 13 ‘Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food’,and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is meant not for fornication but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 14And God raised the Lord and will also raise us by his power. 15Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Should I therefore take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! 16Do you not know that whoever is united to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For it is said, ‘The two shall be one flesh.’ 17But anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. 18Shun fornication! Every sin that a person commits is outside the body; but the fornicator sins against the body itself. 19Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20For you were bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body.

I know this might be a little deep for today, but we must remember to honor our bodies because our bodies are Gods first physical gift to us and should be offered in praise.
Now today be excited, celebrate and just be happy. Praising God for all that God has done.

Be Well AMERICA, until tomorrow
Love Pastor J

No comments: