Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

THINK- Before you speak...

May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14 NIV

Whom ever created the saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me" needs a good talking too. Almost anyone who has ever been bullied, in a relationship or is a younger sibling would probably agree that words can and do indeed cause pain. I understand that words can cause harm and pain, because I have at times been both the victim and perpetrator of  hurtful and ill-intended words. 

So today I am reminding myself and all of us that have used words to hurt or those of us who have been hurt by them to internalize Psalm 19:14. We must speak life, love and peace these are the things pleasing to God. When ill-intended words or thoughts arise in our minds and are on the tips of our tongues we must remember to think before we speak. We must remember Psalm 19:14.

Dear God guide our speech challenging us through your Holy Spirit to THINK before we speak. So that when we open our mouths we will be speaking truth, love and peace to those whom we encounter daily. Forgive us for the times that we have uttered words of hate, harm, envy and malicious intent and encourage us to forgive those who have done the same to us. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

BE Well, Love P.J.

No comments: