Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Staying out of mess!


I mess up all the time, I put my foot in my mouth and say the wrong things, I forget things sometimes. Simply put I am anything but perfect and I fall short often. So I am not coming down on any one particular person or situation, but as I live I learn more about people, God and life. Life is messy and certain people think it is there personal duty to make it even messier. God however is not about mess but about order and staying out of mess. Therefore today's blog aims to help us lead cleaner lives and stay out of the mess. I wish you a cleaner future!

2nd Timothy 2:14-18 (The Message)
14-18Repeat these basic essentials over and over to God's people. Warn them before God against pious nitpicking, which chips away at the faith. It just wears everyone out. Concentrate on doing your best for God, work you won't be ashamed of, laying out the truth plain and simple. Stay clear of pious talk that is only talk. Words are not mere words, you know. If they're not backed by a godly life, they accumulate as poison in the soul. Hymenaeus and Philetus are examples, throwing believers off stride and missing the truth by a mile by saying the resurrection is over and done with.

Dear God you have given us the blue print on how to stay away from the mess, help us to follow it, in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments: