Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Say what?

Genesis 17:1-7

1When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said to him, ‘I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless. 2And I will make my covenant between me and you, and will make you exceedingly numerous.’ 3Then Abram fell on his face; and God said to him, 4‘As for me, this is my covenant with you: You shall be the ancestor of a multitude of nations. 5No longer shall your name be Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; for I have made you the ancestor of a multitude of nations. 6I will make you exceedingly fruitful; and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you. 7I will establish my covenant between me and you, and your offspring after you throughout their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring after you.


Ok let's get this right. Abram is 99, 99? 99 years old and God starts this covenant now? Why would God wait so long? Imagine how Abram felt, what would he have been thinking? I would be shocked, amazed, like SAY WHAT?

This text should speak volumes into our lives;
1) Every day we live provides new opportunities for God to bless us and for our situation to change.
2) We are never too old, tired, broke, incapable to do great and significant things.
3) God has a plan and promise for us and our lives!

We never know when our freedom, blessing, release, or victory will come. We never know when and where God will call us, therefore we must be patient, faithful and watchful for the Say What, moments in our lives. Knowing that as children of God their is a promise to us and a victorious blessing in it.

Be Well until tomorrow,
Love Pastor J

No comments: