Welcome to the P.J. (Pastor J) Sound Theology Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

God is with us...


When people find out that I am a pastor, I am bombarded with theological questions. I am often asked everything from does God really exist to do dogs go to heaven?

The most common question by far is why can't we hear or see God like they did in biblical days?

My answer to this is are we really listening. God is the same God today as God was thousand of years ago. I believe that god does interact differently with us since Christ coming, however God is still with us and is still working through chosen persons/ prophets.

Our scripture for reflection today comes from the Old Testament, and the people are requesting that God sends them a leader after Moses, a new prophet. God assures the people that the will receive a new prophet who will speak for God to them.

I believe that like the days during the text, today God is still using persons to speak for God to us. We must listen and discern. The truth is that just like then their are real prophets and false prophets. Our spiritual discernment will equip us to know the difference.


Deuteronomy 18:15-20 15 -16 God, your God, is going to raise up a prophet for you. God will raise him up from among your kinsmen, a prophet like me. Listen obediently to him. This is what you asked God, your God, for at Horeb on the day you were all gathered at the mountain and said, "We can't hear any more from God, our God; we can't stand seeing any more fire. We'll die!"

17 -19 And God said to me, "They're right; they've spoken the truth. I'll raise up for them a prophet like you from their kinsmen. I'll tell him what to say and he will pass on to them everything I command him. And anyone who won't listen to my words spoken by him, I will personally hold responsible.

20 "But any prophet who fakes it, who claims to speak in my name something I haven't commanded him to say, or speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die."

KNOW THAT GOD IS WITH US ALWAYS

Until tomorrow Love and Be Well...

Pastor J

No comments: